2014 has been a very eventful year in Business Continuity (BC) and Information Security and these two areas are rightfully seen as the top two priorities for CIOs, CISOs, and CROs.
At Linus we pride ourselves on our understanding of, and involvement in, the BC and Information Security industries. 2014 has been a very busy and exciting year for us, and we would like to share a few of the highlights with you, as well as what you can expect in 2015.
Linus Revive: 2014 Business Continuity Highlights
- Saul Midler, CEO of Linus, became a Fellow of the Business Continuity Institute (FBCI) in July, one of only seven FBCI in Australia. Saul was also appointed as Standards Australia committee member, representing the BCI Australasian Chapter.
- The Linus BCAW Seminar was hosted in conjunction with Business Continuity Awareness Week in March.
- Saul Midler ran a one day BIA Workshop for Continuity Forum in Melbourne.
- Linus Revive won the 2014 BCI Australasia Business Continuity Provider of the Year (BCM Product) and was Highly Commended for the BCI Australasia Business Continuity Provider of the Year (Service).
- Linus was also short-listed for the 2014 BCI Global Awards for BCM Product of the Year, Innovation of the Year and BCM Service Provider of the Year.
Version 9.2 of Linus Revive was launched in November and is now available.
- The inaugural Chairman’s Breakfast was held in Melbourne. The Chairman of the BCI, Steve Mellish, presented on the future of Business Continuity. You can watch the highlights from Steve’s presentation here.
Linus Revive: 2014 Information Security Highlights
- Linus Secure Version 4.0 was launched at the AISA National Conference
- Mike Thompson presented The Goldilocks Results: Your IS Investment Right Sized, a workshop that assisted a roomful of Security Managers in ensuring they aren’t spending too much, or too little, on their Information Security investment.
- Fairfax Press regularly quoted Mike Thompson as their Information Security expert
- Friday October 17, 2014, Page 4 – “USB stick the tool to evade prying eyes” by Mark Hawthorne
- Wednesday October 15, 2014, IT Pro, Security IT –“Dropbox denies breach as hackers spruik passwords and nude content” by Hannah Francis
- Mike’s article, ‘The Great Security Con’ was published in Australian Security Magazine Oct/Nov 14.
What can you expect from Linus in 2015?
- January onwards: cso.com.au will be featuring a monthly Information Security column written by Mike Thompson.
- February 23-26: The 6th Annual Records and Information Officers Forum 2015
- Mike Thompson will be presenting on February 25 and running a full-day Workshop on February 26: ‘The Great Security Con – Breaking Through the Hype and Developing a Robust Information Security Framework’
- Tuesday 3 March: CSO Roadshow Melbourne
- Tuesday 17 March: The Linus BCAW Annual Seminar– Exercising Business Continuity Plans
- June: Australasian BC Summit
- September: The Linus BCI Chairman’s Breakfast
- October 13-15: 2015 AISA National Conference
- November: Linus Revive version 9.3 will be released.
Wishing you a safe and secure holiday season and all the best for 2015, from the Linus team.